UNHCR – Programme Associate (G6), Brussels
Luogo di lavoro: Estero
Scadenza: 29 aprile 2016
UNHCR – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees,Programme Associate (G6), Brussels (Belgium)
The office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is seeking a candidate for the following vacant position: Programme Associate (G6), located in Brussels.
The incumbent normally receives guidance from more senior programme staff in the operation. He/she may receive indirect guidance from other sections and units relevant to the country programme(s). UNHCR Manual, Operations Plans, UN and UNHCR financial/budgetary rules and regulations will guide the work of the Programme Associate. S/he is expected to stay abreast of the challenges posed to the region by the political context, the UN and humanitarian reform and institutional developments.
The incumbent is expected to have contacts within the organization and outside the duty station, as well as with partners and other stakeholders to collect information, monitor programme activities and implement administrative requirements.
Accountability (key results that will be achieved)
- The needs of persons of concern in the country are assessed and analysed in a participatory manner and using an Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective to form a firm basis for planning;
- IP (Implementing Partner) agreements are established in a timely manner, regularly monitored and reported on in compliance with established guidelines and procedures.
Responsibility (process and functions undertaken to achieve results)
- Assist in negotiating agreements with implementing partners and ensure that IP agreements are established in conformity with UNHCR’s financial rules and the latest Headquarters’ instructions;
- Undertake proper collection, monitoring and use of baselines, standards and indicators needed to measure and analyse programme performance, trends and target interventions;
- Review the implementation and performance of IPs agreements through appropriate physical monitoring to evaluate the projects by reviewing work plans, progress reports, budget, financial reports and expenditures; undertake field visits as required;
- Use UNHCR’s corporate tools (e.g. Global Focus, Focus Client) to assess the technical soundness of the operation and generate data for evidence-based decisions at the country-level;
- Assist in keeping donor representatives briefed on developments and assist in the development of funding submissions, appeals and reports;
- Assist in ensuring compliance in issuance of audit certificates for Implementing Partners;
- Perform other duties as required.
Authority (decisions made in executing responsibilities and to achieve results)
- Provide inputs for the country operations plan (including budgets, staffing levels and structures) as well as prepare inputs for funding submissions, appeals and reports;
- Enforce compliance with UNHCR’s global strategies, protocols and guidelines;
- Represent UNHCR in physical monitoring of projects.
- Managing Resources;
- Analytical Thinking;
- Planning and Organizing.
- Completion of Secondary education and post-secondary training/certificate in Business Administration, Social Science, International Law or related field;
- Minimum 6 years of previous job experience relevant to the function;
- Computer skills (in MS office);
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of French and/or Dutch.
- Completion of the UNHCR Learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position;
- Good knowledge of UNHCR financial rules, procedures and processes;
- Knowledge of UNHCR specific programmes (MSRP, Focus, etc.);
- Prior exposure to UNHCR refugee operations and functions relating to office administration and programme activities.
Preferred starting date
As soon as possible
Interested candidates are invited to fill in the Personal History (P.11) (available athttp://www.unhcr.org/recruit/p11new.doc) and a letter expressing the applicant’s motivations in applying for the post. These should be addressed to mailbox email@example.com before Friday, 29th April 2016, clearly indicating “Bureau Programme Associate (G6)” in the subject line.
Only those candidates shortlisted for interviews will be notified.