WaterAid – Programme funding officer, UK
Luogo di lavoro: Estero
Scadenza: 28 gennaio 2016
Closing Date:28 January 2016
Planned Interview Date (week commencing):8 February 2016
Planned 2nd interview date (week commencing):22 February 2016
It’s hard to believe that today 748 million people still don’t have clean, safe water and 2.5 billion live without a toilet. The resulting diseases kill one child every minute.
WaterAid is looking for a Programme Funding Officer to play a vital role in our mission to transform lives with safe water, sanitation and hygiene in the world’s poorest communities.
Working within the Programme Funding Team, the Programme Funding Officer will:
- Research and manage a portfolio of institutional donors to maximise potential funding from appropriate sources (donors will include EC, Big Lottery, Comic Relief).
- Support Country Programmes to explore, access and manage institutional grants, ensuring compliance with donor contract conditions and promoting best practice.
- Work closely with WaterAid’s Country Programmes, Regional Teams and the Strategic Funding Unit to build capacity to manage donor relations and grants.
To be successful, you’ll need to have:
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of EC DEVCO/EuropeAid (preferable) and/or DFID funding, including policies, compliance and differing funding streams.
- Experience with other institutional donors (government donors, international NGOs, major trusts and foundations (e.g. Big Lottery Fund, Comic Relief).
- Demonstrable experience in institutional grant management for an international NGO, including proposal submission, narrative/financial reporting and working with complex budgets.
- Relevant degree-level education or equivalent work experience in international development.
- Working knowledge of French (written and spoken) is highly desirable.
By 2030 we want everyone everywhere to have clean water and sanitation. We need you to help us make it happen. If you bring your expertise, passion and professionalism, we’ll give you a lot back.
Working with us, you will be entitled to a wide range of employee benefits, such as an exceptional pension fund, medical cash plans, an employee assistance programme, generous annual leave and Save As You Learn schemes, as well as fitness and lifestyle programmes.
Please note: in order to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
This vacancy will end one minute before midnight on the closing date specified. No recruitment agencies please.