GREENPEACE – Policy Strategist for EU climate and energy policies, Brussels
Candidature entro: 18 maggio 2015
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- develop and implement advocacy strategies on EU policies related to climate change and energy;
- maintain active relations with European institutions;
- interact, as required, with the Greenpeace European energy campaign, our global climate negotiations team, our global polar team, to provide EU strategic advice and policy expertise;
- partner with other NGOs and strategic allies to form common advocacy positions;
- draft briefings, letters and other advocacy materials;
- Act as a spokesperson for the media and in public fora.
Your skills and qualifications include:
- excellent policy analysis and strategic planning;
- at least 3 years of relevant professional experience;
- good knowledge of the decision-making processes of the EU institutions;
- experience in making change happen through public campaigns, and the ability to view environmental policy issues in terms of campaign opportunities;
- detailed understanding of climate change and energy policies;
- self-motivated, and stress-resistant;
- very good spoken and written English, and fluency in at least one other European language;
- used to working with people from different backgrounds;
- good networking skills;
- desire to actively contribute to the protection of the environment and to political change.
Please email your application to email@example.com and address it to Mr Stef Van den Eynde. Please write “Application Policy Strategist” in the subject line.
- a CV of maximum two pages (no photos, please);
- a cover letter of no more than one page, outlining your motivation and including the date when you would be able to start;
- a short article (in the form of a ‘letter to the editor’ of no more than 500 words) on the theme “After Paris -prospects for climate policy in Europe in 2016”
The deadline for applications is 9 a.m. on Monday 18 May. The first round of interviews will take place in the week of 25 May.