FEANTSA – Communications and Information Officer, Brussels
Disponibilità: agosto 2015
Candidature entro: 15 maggio 2015
FEANTSA (the European Federation of National Organisations Working with the Homeless) is recruiting a Communications and Information Officer to join our secretariat in Brussels from Summer 2015. This is an exciting opportunity to lead the communications strategy of a European network of 130+ NGOs committed to tackling homelessness in Europe. For more information on FEANTSA see www.feantsa.org
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of developing and delivering a communications strategy, ideally in an international or European environment
- An understanding of media and communications at an EU level, including the challenges and opportunities of diverse audiences across the EU
- Ability to translate complex issues into effective messages that support FEANTSA’s objectives
- Capacity to understand the complexities of homelessness and a genuine commitment to the issue
- Fluency in English and a good level of French. Any other European language will be considered an asset
- Excellent writing skills and experience of producing clear, concise and credible material for publication (newsletters, editorials, press releases etc.)
- Proven experience of high-impact use of social media, press work and campaigning
- Strong website management experience
- Creative, dynamic team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills, ability to manage multiple priorities and work to deadlines
- Excellent IT skills including experience of managing web content and databases
- Knowledge of relevant EU policies and EU decision-making a plus
- Previous experience working in a non-profit environment and on social issues a plus
- Develop, implement and oversee our communications strategy
- Work in close cooperation with the policy team to develop messaging to support FEANTSA’s objectives
- Coordinate our online presence, including management of the FEANTSA website and social media
- Edit, produce and disseminate FEANTSA publications including newsletter, magazine ‘Homeless in Europe’, research and policy outcomes
- Play a lead role in internal communications for our transnational and diverse network of 130+ members (database management, internal information sharing etc.)
- Press work (media monitoring, press relations, producing press releases etc.)
- Developing and implementing campaigns to support FEANTSA’s objectives, as and when opportunities arise
- Responding to general information enquiries and other correspondence with members, network and general public
- Opportunity to supervise a Communications Assistant through FEANTSA’s internship programme
Terms and Conditions
Start date: August 2015.
This is a full time position (38 hours/week).
Unlimited contract with a six-month trial period.
Competitive salary with benefits including meal vouchers, hospitalization insurance and end-of-year bonus (13th month).
Please send a CV and letter of application in English to:
Chaussée de Louvain 194
Fax: +32 2 539 4174
Please explain in some detail how you meet the person specification above and how you would generate impact in the role. Please include references. Standard application letters will be ignored. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The closing date for applications is the 15th May 2015. Interviews will be held in Brussels end May 2015