Pax Christi International Secretariat – FUND DEVELOPMENT OFFICER, Brussels
Candidature entro: 20 maggio 2015
The fund development officer is member of a small but dynamic staff at the International Secretariat. The ideal individual selected for this position will be responsible for help designing and coordinating the implementation of a comprehensive fund development strategy for the organization.
- Helps to create and coordinates implementation of a comprehensive multi-year development strategy.
- Helps maintain excellent relationships with current individual and institutional donors;
- Develops strategies to establish new funding partnerships.
- Coordinates writing of fundraising proposals for structural funding; supports production of fundraising proposals for programs.
- Coordinates preparation of meetings with donors, involving the Secretary General, co-Presidents and members of the Board, as appropriate.
- Facilitates fundraising trainings for the Secretariat, the Board, and Member Organizations as needed.
- Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fund raising processes are carried out in a timely manner.
- Closely follows and monitors intergovernmental, governmental and private institutions’ funding priorities and trends.
- Coordinates and help maximize the use of a contact database for excellent fundraising purposes.
- Coordinates the development of promotional material and other communication tools needed for fundraising processes.
- Prepares regular fundraising reports and contributes to budgeting process as needed.
- Coordinates and facilitates activities with other staff members which may at times require work outside the primary scope of the position.
- University degree or professional certification in related field.
- Minimum 5 years of fundraising management experience.
- Proven experience of fundraising strategy development.
- Proven experience of individual and institutional donor cultivation.
- Demonstrable experience of fundraising proposal writing.
- Documented experience of fundraising events planning and management.
- Self-starting with the ability to generate and implement innovative ideas and strategies.
- Demonstrable skills as a strong communicator, able to listen and speak in a clear, thorough, and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Proven outstanding writing and editing skills in a range of formats for fundraising purposes and for various audiences.
- Excellent collaborative skills and the ability to establish effective team working relationships.
- Documented ability to develop fundraising communication plans.
- Highly proficient using MS Office, performing Internet-based research, and using social media channels. Good command of Donor Perfect is a valued asset.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in a nonprofit environment preferred.
- Proven interest in peace issues.
- Significant experience with volunteer management.
- Native or almost native English fluency. Working knowledge of French and Spanish is a valued asset.
- Good sense of humor.
This position is based at the Pax Christi International Secretariat in Brussels, Belgium.
TERMS AND SALARY
This is a one-year contract, full-time position, made possible by grant funding with the possibility of ongoing employment if continued funding for the position remains available; Pax Christi International expects to seek continued funding for it. Salary is commensurate with experience according to Belgian nonprofits. Pax Christi is also open to negotiate a part-time (three-quarter time) contract under special circumstances.
For consideration, please respond by 20 May 2015 with a cover letter, resume and salary aspirations to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Pax Christi International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABOUT PAX CHRISTI INTERNATIONAL
Pax Christi International is a plural faith-based worldwide peace network. It promotes a vision of just peace which is rooted in the Gospel and includes a global framework of structures and systems advancing the fullness of a dignified life for all people and their communities, unquestioned respect for human rights, and ecological sustainability. Pax Christi firmly believes that peace is possible and that vicious circles of violence and injustice can be broken. Pax Christi International seeks to create cultures of peace and reconciliation and its core work is built around active nonviolence, comprehensive reconciliation, and people-centered advocacy for peace. Ours is a diverse network made up of a number of autonomous Member Organizations spread over 50 countries.